10 Social Media Handy tips
- Talk to people, say thank you, get to know them, engage with them. Remember the clue is in the title ‘social media’ – it is social
- It’s not great to just sell on social media. Don’t just write updates or post about exclusive offers. It’s all about building relationships
- Post valuable conversations. If you’re not saying anything interesting to your followers you will lose them. Remember it’s not just about you
- Always use capital letters at the beginning of each new word when using hashtags for example – #EasierToRead
- Either do it well or don’t do it at all. Don’t start posting madly for a month and then forget about it. That’s a waste of time, no one will remember you or follow you. If you do it, stick to your plan and objectives and past regularly throughout the week
- Always complete your social media account profile. Profiles should have a high quality photo, contact information and a clear description about what your business is offers. These are shop windows about you and your business
- If someone retweets or shares your information – say thank you. Always say hello to new followers
- Have you got a documented social media strategy plan? Why are you spending time on social media? What do you want to see happen? Have you planned your objectives and goals?
- Be human, don’t use automated apps as it’s obvious it’s not you
- If you outsource your social media do you make them accountable to you? Do you receive a monthly report with your objectives and goals in plain English?
If you would like a free consultation please contact us at email@example.com or call 01482 850 270